Raw organic foods contain a large number of good bacteria that can boost your health in multiple ways. As a result, organic food, when consumed raw, can improve your immune system. Likewise, it can even have some positive effects on healthy weight management.
Although, you can’t rely entirely on organic foods, including them in your daily life can make a lot of difference. In this article, we will discuss in detail about the benefits of raw organic foods. Before jumping on to that, let’s know what raw organic foods are:
What are Raw Organic Foods?
Raw foods are mostly or comparatively raw and/or unprocessed foods. A food is considered as raw or unprocessed if it is never heated over 48-degree C. Also, foods that are not pasteurized, refined, or treated with any other substance are considered as raw foods.
Who needs Raw Organic Foods?
Everyone should have a little number of raw foods in the diet. People who are looking to get in shape, or athletes, etc. are usually dependant on organic foods.
How to Follow a Proper Diet?
If you are aiming to follow a raw organic diet, make sure you are having at least 75% of raw foods in your diet.
Most of the raw foods include raw fruits, vegetables, seeds, and nuts. Some grains and legumes are also accepted as raw, but you need to soak or sprout them before eating.
Here is the List of Foods Considered as Raw:
- All fresh fruits
- All raw vegetables
- Dried and unprocessed fruits and meats.
- Sprouted and soaked raw legumes and grains
- Raw nut butter
- Nut milk
- Fermented foods like sauerkraut and kimchi
- Cold-preserved coconut and olive oils
- Other sprouts
- Raw meat or fish (if desired)
- Raw eggs or dairy (if desired)
There are multiple benefits to eating raw organic food.
- Raw food can fight a few diseases, especially chronic ones.
- Eating raw foods can provide a better source of water-soluble vitamins than cooked foods.
- These foods are a better source of essential enzymes than their cooked varieties.
- Raw foods give more energy than processed foods.
- If you have a digestion problem, unprocessed foods are very good options.
- Raw foods are very good for weight loss.
- Raw organic food also reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
Try these Amazing Raw Foods Recipes:
Enlighten Smoothie Bowl:
Breakfast gives you the proper momentum for the rest of the day. And this enlighten smoothie bowl can be a wonderful breakfast option if you are looking to follow a raw organic diet.
- Combine 1 ½ cups of frozen berries with fresh bananas
- Add two tbsp of peanut butter
- Add a scoop of protein powder
- Mix well and finish with the toppings of your choice
- You can have anything like almonds, pumpkin seeds, strawberries, chia seeds, etc.
Chocolate Hazelnut Protein Bowl:
Chocolate hazelnut protein bowl is not only delicious but very healthy as well. A blend of avocado and hemp protein can give you the energy for long hours.
- 1 avocado
- Add 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2-3 tbsp cacao
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 scoop chocolate hemp protein powder
- 1/2 – 1 cup almond or coconut water or coconut milk.
- Blend all these ingredients to get a smooth paste.
- Garnish with blueberries, bananas, hazelnuts, crushed cacao nibs, or raw chocolate.
Shredded Brussels Sprouts Salad:
Thinking to have a raw food lunch? This salad is an amazingly healthy option. The best thing is you can toss in any veggie you have in this salad.
Ingredients (You can have any vegetables of your choice):
- 1 cup trimmed, finely shredded brussels sprouts
- 2 small beets peeled and cut into thin slices
- T stalks thinly sliced celery
- 1 peeled and thinly cut sweet potato
- ½ thinly sliced red onion
- Salt+ pepper
- Combine all these ingredients in a large bowl
- Add salt and pepper and toss properly
- You can dress with a little amount of apple cider vinegar
Mango Zucchini Lettuce Wraps:
Mango and mint can give an absolutely different touch to any recipe. Hence these wraps are not only incredibly tasty but are a very healthy option to start your day.
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- ½ cup kelp noodles (optional)
- A handful of fresh mint
- Edamame, baked tofu, or a protein of your choice
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Sriracha, for serving
- 1 zucchini, julienned
- 2-3 radishes, sliced into thin sticks
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- ½ mango, thinly sliced
- 1-2 Thai red peppers, sliced
Ginger Soy Dipping Sauce:
You can make this sauce very easily. Thus you can use it whenever you have any snacks or salads.
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- ¼ tbsp honey
- ¼ tbsp sesame oil
- Diced Thai chili pepper (optional)
- Mix these ingredients to prepare the sauce and spread a pinch of Thai Chilli Pepper
- Mix all your favorite veggies properly and arrange on a platter and serve it.
Raw organic foods are surely healthy and you can prepare them very easily without spending a lot of time. Hence, a raw organic diet is beneficial for a lot of reasons, but over-reliant can be harmful as well. Some food items like eggs, meat, fish, etc. are better when they are cooked. As a result, you can follow a 75% raw organic diet with 25% cooked foods. Likewise, never rely only on raw foods. Most of the foods are cooked for a reason!