Knowing stress management is the best way to keep yourself calm in difficult situations. Though some amount is stress is helpful as well. When you are under pressure, you tend to work harder to achieve it. But, too much stress is harmful for you. And even your body stops responding in a normal way when you are overstressed. Therefore, one can easily learn various ways to manage your own stress. Once you master the ways to survive your stress, you will lead a healthy and happy life.
Are you aware of the fact that when you are in extreme stress, your stress hormones respond differently? When you experience stress, the nervous system releases adrenaline and cortisol hormones. It results in a faster heart rate, tightened muscles, and faster breath. This ultimately leads to a rise in your blood pressure level. Thus, your emotional stress will impact your physical health.
Hence, know the ways to deal with your stress to tackle your worse situations. Learn the tactics of stress management to be prepared ahead of time. Thus, it will save you from visiting an ER.
Facts to Consider when Experiencing Stress
- Accept that there are situations that are out of your league.
- Always feel positive from inside. It will help you to cope with your stress.
- Do not be aggressive or angry.
- Accept your feelings that you are in stress.
- Do not panic in sudden or unexpected situations.
- Do not take extra work (in office) if you already have enough on your plate.
- Take out time for your hobbies or for relaxation.
SimpleTactics for Stress Management
Every one of you is aware of the fact that exercise keeps you physically fit. But do you know that daily exercise can keep you fit mentally as well? Thus, exercising on a regular basis will relieve your mental stress.
Benefits of Exercise
- Exercise always balances your cortisol stress hormones.
- It helps the endorphins stress hormones to release. This works as the natural painkillers to boost up your mood.
- Daily exercise will improve your sleeping habits. During stress, one goes through sleepless nights.
- Exercise will always keep you physically active. This will generate confidence in you. Thus, it elevates mental wellbeing in you.
Avoid Too Much of Caffeine
When you consume too much of coffee or tea in a day, it can hamper your mental health. You end up drinking tea or coffee thinking you will be relieved from your stress. However, it is opposite to this scenario. It results in enhancing your anxiety level. This will harm your mental wellbeing. Following this stress management tip, you can overcome your fears.
Drawback of Caffeine Consumption
- Caffeine is a type of stimulant. And it is found in energy drinks, tea, chocolate, and coffee.
- Every person’s tolerance capacity varies from one person to another.
- Caffeine increases your anxiousness. Thus, it results in anxiety.
- Too much caffeine turns your brain into an overactive mode. This is not good when you are in stressful situations.
Supplements help to Reduce Stress
Various types of supplements are available to reduce stress. Consulting a doctor will help you with better options. Often in stress management doctors prescribe supplements. But you should look out for herbal supplements only after consulting a doctor.
Benefits of Supplements
- Application of lemon balm has anti-anxiety effects.
- Supplements containing Omega-3 fatty acids have the ability to reduce anxiety effects.
- Supplements containing ashwagandha helps to reduce stress.
- Green tea also helps you to calm your mind. Take green tea instead of coffee to relax.
Sleep More Than Usual
Sleep is a very integral part of your life. Sleepless nights and extreme stress, both of the conditions will cause various health issues. Therefore, you need to prioritize your sleep as well.
Benefits of Quality Sleep
- Quality sleep will help you wake up fresh the next day.
- 7 to 8 hours of sleep will remove your tensions.
- A night of good sleep will improve your brain health.
- Your brain needs to pause while you sleep. This will help your brain to resume to normalcy.
- Overthinking will degrade your health further.
You might have heard this term. But are you aware of the fact that scented candles relax your brain muscles? Thus, one can reduce their stress by lightening candles containing essential oil before sleeping. However, you can also opt for light scented incense sticks.
Types of candles one can use are:
- Rose lavender
- Orange blossom
- Chamomile, etc.
Benefits of Aromatherapy
- When you light a scented candle, it uplifts your mood instantly.
- Sit in your comfortable position and meditate before you go to sleep.
- This is a type of therapy one can try at home.
- This therapy helps to lower your stress.
- Hence, you can sleep better when you light a candle half an hour before your sleeping time.
Therefore, stress management can be applied simply to your daily routine. In order to live a stress-free life, follow a healthy routine. Hence, it should include a rich nutritious diet as well.