25-Oh Vitamin D test
Know more about 25-Oh Vitamin D test
Symptoms of 25-Oh Vitamin D include:
bone malformation (in children)
low in calcium in the body
bone weakness and softness resulting in fracture (in adults)
Doctors prescribe this test for various reasons:
1. Individuals not receiving enough sunlight
2. Older individuals above 50
3. Individuals who are suffering from obesity
4. Infants only receiving breastmilk
5. Individuals who had undergone gastric bypass surgery
6. Individuals suffering from Crohn's disease
Treatment is given as per the test results that indicate the exacts levels of the 25-Oh Vitamin D present in your blood.
Besides the prescribed medications, you also consume natural food sources which are more beneficial.
Food sources to consume to improve your level of deficiency:
3. Cod Liver oil
4. Milk (Breastmilk for infants)
5. Egg Yolk
6. Fish (salmon, mackerel, sardines, tuna, swordfish)
Dietary supplements for Vitamin D are also available. Take your doctors advice before taking them.
Test Method 1: A small amount of blood is collected from a vein of your arm.
Test Report: The turn around time of the test is 24 HRS.
When you show signs of Vitamin D deficiency, you should take this test.